Well here we are. The new, improved, supposedly exciting blog created by your friends in Ann Arbor. This isn't going to be winning any exciting awards, but it'll be something to do when there's nothing better : )
We're doing our best not to melt out here in the Michigan heat. Today is not too bad - 80 degrees and 50% humidity. We're getting good at turning on the fans and the AC in the afternoon which will sufficiently cool the place down for the evening. Who knew we'd ever live in a place with an AC? I always thought it'd be silly to have one, but the moment we walked in the door a year ago, before we even looked around, we ran to the AC.
And yes, you read that right! We've been here for almost a year! Sometimes it feels like it, but sometimes it doesn't... sometimes (like when I get lost all the time) it feels as if we've just arrived. We're staying in the apartment we have, too - it'll be nice living in a place for more than one year! Through college we moved every year, and even when I got out - but for once, I'm not going to spend July and August searching for boxes! Yay!
Hope everyone is doing well out there... cheers!